Whether you’ve just begun your health and fitness journey or you’re a seasoned health and fitness junkie, following these five tips will put and/or keep you on track to leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
By sticking to these habits, you will be putting yourself in the best possible position to reach your fitness goals as well as setting yourself up for a healthy future.
- Have breakfast – nothing will provide you with more energy for the day than a nutritious breakfast. This doesn’t have to be anything complex. A simple oatmeal, a bowl of non-sugar cereal or a slice of sourdough goes a long way and will guarantee an easy way to introduce fibre into your diet.
- Create a balanced diet – mixing it up every day is good! This means enjoying a wide range of fruits and vegetables, protein, nuts, seeds, eggs and low-fat dairy across each week. A balanced diet gives our body the nutrients it needs to perform and function correctly.
- Stay hydrated – water, low-fat milks, coffee and tea all counts as long as you don’t add sugar! Prioritising hydration morning, afternoon and evening are important and water is the way to go. Proper hydration helps deliver nutrients to cells and keeps our body and mind functioning efficiently.
- Move a lot – staying active is essential when maintaining a healthy lifestyle. This could be as simple as going for a brisk walk or visiting one of our facilities. Swimming, group fitness class or a gym session might be just the thing you need! Based on https://www.cdc.gov adults should aim for 150 minutes of physical exercise a week. Now, this doesn’t mean you have to do it all at once. Spread it out, you could do your workouts for 30 mins a day, 5 days a week!
- Create a healthy sleeping habit – good quality sleep affects how well we’re able to perform in life. While we sleep our bodies and minds get all-important time to repair and recover. We recommend no screens at least an hour before bed and going to bed early. This means we get at least 8 hours of sleep and are able to get up early, get the daily workout out of the way and have a good wholesome breakfast.
This article was written by Jakub Jelinek, a member of the BlueFit Marketing Team.